The “Create a Website with WordPress” started the first of May. I have 3 students signed up for the class. Two of the students already have a domain and it a little familiar with WordPress.
On the first day, we got every to signup and access their Dashboard which is the backend of a WordPress website. I will try divide each week’s lesson into a specific feature of WordPress.
For questions or to register for classes, please call (916) 393-9026 ext. 330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get a WordPress Account and choose a default layout and theme.
- The differences between.COM and .ORG
- Create a WP account and log in.
- Blog format versus Page format.
- Create your first post.
- Intro to the Dashboard
- Add Media (Photos) & Video
- Add a JPG to your blog.
- The ALT tag.
- Link vs Embed (Youtube Video)
- Shortcode in the JetPack (Plugin)
- Design your website layout (Wireframe tool from Gliffy)
- Menu and navigation (Schematic)